IDSA, HIVMA, PIDS, NASTAD and RWMPC remain concerned that there has not been an update on the promised price reduction for Daraprim (pyrimethamine) and further that the $750 price per tablet is impacting patient access to this essential treatment. We want to know if you are aware of any access issues to Daraprim (pyrimethamine) since the price increase by Turing Pharmaceuticals. Turing urges providers and individuals to contact them for assistance accessing the medication either online daraprimdirect.com or by calling call 1-877-258-2033. Please let us know if you, your colleagues or your hospital or clinic has experienced any of the issues below.
- Had problems accessing therapy during inpatient admissions
- Had to use alternative therapies for treatment of toxoplasmosis or malaria
- Had to prolong hospitalizations until patients could access drug as an outpatient
- Had to switch therapy or had lapses in dosing for ongoing treatment or prophylaxis
- Had difficulties accessing Daraprim (pyrimethamine) through the patient assistance program
- Used the patient assistance program (please let us know how it works)
- Had patients unable to obtain Daraprim (pyrimethamine) through the state AIDS Drug Assistance Program
- Had patients unable to obtain Daraprim (pyrimethamine) through their regular pharmacy
- Worked with a compounding pharmacy to acquire pyrimethamine for patients
Please share your comments with us below or by email. Please note if you post your comments online they will be available for public viewing.